Thursday, August 23, 2007


Another 80s memory is of Magnum P.I. There was something so cool about a private investigator (as Thomas would correct you to say instead of being called a PI)who was very dedicated and honorable to his profession; yet, his personal life was an adventure. Another thing that impressed me was that Thomas, Rick,& TC were Viet Nam veterens that were not the stereotyped mentally unstable vets. Even Higgins was a mentally stable vet.It has been said that the creator, Donald Bellisario started forming the idea of an ace helicopter pilot series while working on a specific Magnum episode. That idea became the series Airwolf. Bellisario is a genious in consideration of his list of series: Quantum Leap, Tales of The Gold Monkey, JAG, NCIS. I would also say he is pro military. I really enjoyed Magnum. I wonder what ever happened to Zeus and Apollo...

No comments: