Friday, May 30, 2008

I was never much of a video game player. I had more enjoyment watching other people play; encouraging when needed or feeling impressed for victories or the muted feeling of losing. In 1998, I was attracted to my first video game: Rainbow Six. This game caught my attention mostly because of the novel with the same title by technothriller author Tom Clancy. I was already familiar with Tom Clancy from his previous works The Hunt For Red October, Patriot Games, and Clear And Present Danger so to play a game based on that universe was exciting to me. I think this is a good link to describe the history of the R6 gaming series from the very first to the latest. Also from the site is this link of Team Rainbow FAQ and this is the missions list from the entire series.
I was able to find some of the trailer previews of the series. I tried to keep it in some kind of chronological order. You can also tell of the progression of the series by the improvements of character creations.
Rainbow Six

Rainbow Six: Rouge Spear

Rainbow Six: Covert Ops

Rainbow Six: Rouge Spear- Black Thorn

Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield


Rainbow Six 3: Athena Sword

Rainbow Six 3: Iron Wrath

Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow

The latest editions of the Rainbow Six is set in Las Vegas.


No comments: