Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The other night, I came across one of my favorite movies of the 1980s Streets Of Fire. I liked the story overall; and most especially, the soundtrack. The movie started with a fast paced song that easily lured the viewer.
Years later, when I hear Nowhere Fast, there is something about it that is to my ear familiar. So now I think I have figured why... Also from the 80s is the anime series Bubblegum Crisis. The first song from the first episode sounds and appears to be a direct homage to Streets Of Fire. There are also tiny hints of pop culture gratitude such as the name of the lead singer is named Priss and the band is The Replicants. Instead of giving more detail regarding those names, I will let you research them for your own discovery. Subtle hints of pop culture were laced throughout the series and I remember how fun it was to discover them.

No comments: