Thursday, August 21, 2008

I got a call from the nurse that Mom was allowed to be discharged today. When I arrived, she said they had some difficulty getting a blood pressure check. It seems they went through a total of 4 machines to get a good check. She was obviously sore from the abdominal procedure and still had swollen legs and feet as result from the increased fluid intake. The doctors said the swelling should go down.
One of the most interesting elements about the entire situation was that as I pulled into the driveway, I felt such heavy exhaustion. My energy was depleted and my reserves were low. I am guessing that I was literally living on adrenaline; so now that I got Mom home safely, I was finally allowed to breathe a sense of relief. Once I was certain Mom was settled down, I collapsed into dreamless sleep. I did not allow myself to fall deeply because I wanted to be able to hear her if I was to be called on.

Today, Shasa started daycare. To her it is going to school. She is sooo thrilled and seem to acclimate well to the setting.

No comments: